"I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck." ~Emma Goldman
While I spend time browsing photography blogs I have found myself emailing the author several times asking about what gear they typically use. While this blog is not just about photography, I thought I would start things off by listing the gear I use.
Camera - Canon 30D - Great camera with very few faults. I will probably upgrade to the 50D or 60D in 2009.
1. Telephoto - Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM - Great lens, if I had it to do over again I might settle for the 100-300 just because the extra weight does become a challenge on long hikes. There are times I have left it at home when it would have been nice to have it.
2. Wide Angle - Tokina 12-24mm f4 DX - This is a great wide angle lens and is one of my most used lenses.
3. General Purpose Lens - Tamron SP AF28-75/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Another great lens for the money.
4. Macro Lens - Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro This lens produces great pictures. I can't wait for the spring so I can add to my wildflower gallery.
1. I spent a fair amount of money on BW slim polarizer filters and wish I could go back and just buy a modest priced polarizer. The two I bought have not held up well.
2. Singh-Ray ND-Var Filter - Another expensive filter, but great for waterfalls.
3. A collection of Cokin ND Filters and warming filters.