Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Macro shot of wasp on flower.

"The serpent, the king, the tiger, the stinging wasp, the small child, the dog owned by other people, and the fool: these seven ought not to be awakened from sleep.' - Chanakya

I caught this wasp enjoying food and the sun's warmth in between rain showers.  

Humor of the day - Eye-examination charts vary according to the manufacturer, but one thing they have in common is that they don't spell anything.
One day a patient came into my office for an ophthalmological exam. I asked him to read the 20/40 line of the eye chart, but obviously the letters FZBDE were mostly a blur to him. Finally he ventured a guess.
"I can't pronounce his name," the man said, "but I think he played football for Notre Dame."

3 comments:

TJ Lubrano said...

That is such a lovely photo! The colors, the flower, just lovely.

Hahah the humor of the day really cracked me up!

32 degrees said...

you want new places to take pics? try this area. short hike - 43 miles. This guys pics are AMAZING.
second website is mine.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jensenl/visuals/album/2006/pictured/

http://picturedrockslakeshore.blogspot.com/

TJW said...

Wow I really enjoy the photo's that you have on your blog they are beautiful!

I saw your blog link on blogcatalog and wanted to reach out and say hi. My name is Tim, I run a blog over at TheExtraExtra.com. Check me out sometime if you like.

I'll be sure to return to yours again :)