Blog Archive

Monday, September 28, 2009



NOTE: Headed to Maine to finish my Appalachian Trail Thru Hike. I have prepared a number of blogs and scheduled them to post while I am on the trail. Thanks for following and I will be back soon.

“Even if a snake is not poisonous, it should pretend to be venomous.”  - Chanakya quotes

On the first sunny day after several days of rain there were always two things you could expect: that you would have a great day in the sun, and that you would see snakes out sunning on the rocks.  I saw my first snake on Beech Gap just outside of Georgia and continued to see them through Vermont.  Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania seemed to be where I saw most of the snakes, especially the rattle snakes.   I saw the snake in the photo crossing a gravel road and went to take a picture of it.  On the way I saw a rattle snake and another black snake all within 50 yards of each other and all sunning on the old forest road.
Humor of the day -
A airline captain was breaking in Southbound Hiker that had just become a stewardess. The route they were flying had a layover in another city. Upon their arrival, the captain showed the stewardess the best place for airline personnel to eat, shop and stay overnight.
The next morning, as the pilot was preparing the crew for the day's route, he noticed the new stewardess was missing. He knew which room she was in at the hotel and called her up wondering what happened. She answered the phone, crying, and said she couldn't get out of her room. "You can't get out of your room?" the captain asked, "Why not?"

The stewardess replied: "There are only three doors in here," she sobbed, "one is the bathroom, one is the closet, and one has a sign on it that says 'Do Not Disturb'!"

No comments: