Blog Archive

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens


“Give the children an opportunity to make garden. Let them grow what they will. It matters less that they grow good plants than that they try for themselves.” - Liberty Bailey

I thought twice about going to a botanical garden in Maine during October but was assured by members of the visitors center that I would get my moneys worth.. and that I did.   With over 200 acres and miles of trails it was nice to be walking through the gardens at a leisurely pace.  While I am sure it would have been better during the spring and summer, there were still many flowers and plants I had not seen before.  The park also did a fantastic job adding sculptures to their displays, something I had not expected but was glad to see.  It was a very windy day so photographing flowers was difficult, but I was able to add a handful of shots to my gallery.  If you get a chance to visit make sure you walk to the rhododendron gardens.  It is well worth the walk.  More information on the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens at http://www.mainegardens.org/  

Humor for the day - Three retirees, each with a hearing loss, were playing golf one fine March day. One remarked to the other, 'Windy, isn't it? 'No,' the second man replied, 'it's Thursday.' The third man chimed in, 'So am I. Let's have a beer.'

No comments: