Blog Archive

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hurricane Sandy, Statute of Liberty - NY and NJ Trip




On 30 Oct I was asked to travel to Staten Island to assess damage from Hurricane Sandy.  Most of my photos were of damaged property but I did manage to get a few photographic shots as well. I saw so much damage and so many people just trying to get things cleaned up so they could get on with their lives that I was pretty sensitive of where and what I took photos of.   I was very fortunate to spend some time out on Ellis Island and Liberty Island.  I imagine being on Liberty Island with about a dozen people when the harbor and park is closed will be a once in a lifetime experience.  Walking around and through the buildings on Ellis Island is something every citizen should experience at least once in their lifetime.  I am looking forward to visiting again once the park opens again. 

No comments: