Blog Archive

Monday, March 9, 2009

Appalachian Trail in Georgia


Day 5 on Appalachian Trail. I woke early and enjoyed some conversation with Grandpa Hugh and two other guys that I had met. After breakfast Dad whose trail name may be turtle from now on, Jenn, Megan, and Loretta arrived and we left late morning. We hike a out eight miles over Levelland Mtn, Cowrock Mtn, and Wildcat Mtn. Everyone seems to think Wildcat has been the toughest climb yet except me. I still have nightmares about sasafras mtn.
Dad or Turtle has his trail legs now and is doing an. amazing job. Grandpa Hugh and his son Jeremiah are nearby and we probably continue to hike with them some the next couple of days.
I did hear my first Eastern Towhee of the year and heard several grouse and pileated woodpeckers.
This has been the first evening that it has been warm enough to sit around a campfire and talk. The views were amazing all day today. Tomorrow we will be going about ten miles to Blue Mtn Shelter.

No comments: