Blog Archive

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Appalachian Trail in New Hampshire



"The grouse are in nodanger at all from people who shoot grouse", Prince Philip
These were two of the last pictures I took before my camera went out on me. We were just approaching Franconia Ridge when I ran across the grouse on the fallen tree. Every since Georgia I had seen Grouse, but they fled before I got near them. In this case though it just stayed there beside the trail and watched as I passed by. I was pretty amazed and then not ten minutes later I ran across this second grouse just sitting in the middle of the trail. It did not seem to mind at all that I was trying to get by.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mississippi,

This is Jenny's (Billyhoot) mom. I just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed your blog. You did a great job. I miss my daughter so much and reading your words and seeing your awesome pics made mw feel a bit closer. Thank you so much!!! Karen Voris

Time Outdoors said...

Thanks for your comment. Jenny is great. I miss her and Meg alot. Hopefully I will have the opportunity to see them again sometime. You should be proud of them.

Wow Gold said...

wow ! what a blog