Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Appalachian Trail - West Virginia


"Always carry a small flask of whisky in case of a snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake"- W.C. Fields
I was asked if I saw many snakes on the trail. I saw my first one in North Carolina just past Beech Gap. In Northern Virgina, West Virgina, and in Pennsylvania, I saw snakes on just about every sunny day. In Northern Pennsylvania I think I saw rattlesnakes on almost every sunny day. This is the only copperhead I saw on the trip and I saw it a few days before Harpers Ferry.

5 comments:

Wow Gold said...

nice blog.

Wow Gold said...

nice blog.

Zach Johnston said...

did you ever get bit by a snake on the trip?

zach johnston
z4johnston@yahoo.com

Aion Kinah Kaufen said...

Wow very nice post

wow gold kaufen said...

Interesting pics