Blog Archive

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Flowers at the Ice Cream Man's House

"Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you". ~Nathaniel Hawthorne"

Strange Butterfly Facts
1.  Butterflies can not fly if their core body temperature is below 86 degrees.
2.  Butterflies can reach speeds of 12 mph,  some moths can reach speeds of 25 mph.
3.  Butterflies range in size from 1/8 inch to almost 12 inches.
4.  There are about 24,000 species of butterflies and about 140,000 species of moths.
5.  Butterflies can not hear, but they can sense vibrations.
6.. Butterflies can see red, blue, and green.

Humor for the day - Three small kids were bragging about how tough they were. “I’m so tough”, said the first little boy, “that I can wear out a pair of shoes in a week.” The second little boy said, “I’m so tough, I can wear out a pair of jeans in a day.” “That’s nothing”, said the third child. “When my parents take me to see my Grandma and Grandpa, I can wear them out in an hour."

3 comments:

Dalal said...

I love this photo. The color yellow, in the photo, is really beautiful.

gate valvesw said...

what an amazing shot. i really like the yellow part of the picture. its so vivid and nicely saturated. keep it up

Anonymous said...

Great picture. I remember the ice cream mans house. Good Times. Hope all is well!

-Sneaks