Blog Archive

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Lizards and Salamanders


NOTE: Headed to Maine to finish my Appalachian Trail Thru Hike. I have prepared a number of blogs and scheduled them to post while I am on the trail. Thanks for following and I will be back soon.

“I have never been in a natural place and felt that it was a waste of time.  And it's a relief. If I'm walking around a desert or whatever, every second is worthwhile.”- Viggo Mortensen

I was always amazed at the number of lizards and salamanders I would find on the trail.  It took a while to train your eye to spot them, but after you had been in the woods for a while and ran across a few sunning on rocks and hidden under logs, you learn to know where to look and what to look for.   People have asked me what animal did I see the most of on the trail, I can say without hesitation it was the chipmunk.  They were everywhere.

Humor for the day - A teacher asks her class if anyone can use the word fascinate in a sentence. Brian raises his hand and says, "The sky is fascinating."


The teacher says, "No that's fascinating."

Jennifer raises her hand and says, "When I saw the tigers at the zoo I was fascinated."

The teacher says, "No that's fascinated."

So finally Little Johnny raises his hand and says, "My mom bought a new blouse with 12 pearl buttons, but her chest's so big she could only fasten eight!"

No comments: