Blog Archive

Friday, September 25, 2009

Grayson Highlands State Park - Virginia


NOTE: Headed to Maine to finish my Appalachian Trail Thru Hike. I have prepared a number of blogs and scheduled them to post while I am on the trail. Thanks for following and I will be back soon.

"It is not enough for a man to know how to ride; he must know how to fall." ~Mexican Proverb

If you were to ask a thru hiker there three favorite places on the Appalachian Trail, you would probably hear Grayson Highlands State Park.  This has been one of my favorite places for years and it did not let me down again this year.   The park is known for the wild ponies and are often seen grazing through the meadows and open areas.   The park is located in Southwest Virginia near I81. 


Humor for the day - A defendant in a lawsuit involving large sums of money was talking to his lawyer. "If I lose this case, I'll be ruined!"


"It's in the judge's hands now," said the lawyer.

"Would it help if I sent the judge a box of cigars?"

"No! The judge is a stickler on ethical behavior. A stunt like that would prejudice him against you. He might even hold you in contempt of court."

Within the course of time, the judge rendered a decision in favor of the defendant. As the defendant left the courthouse, he said to his lawyer, "Thanks for the tip about the cigars. It really worked!"

Confidently the lawyer responded, "I'm sure we would have lost the case if you'd sent them."

"But I did send them.", replied the man.
"What?" shouted the lawyer.
"I sure did, that's how we won the case... good thing I remembered to enclose the plaintiff's business card."

No comments: