Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pedestrian Bridge over James River


NOTE: Headed to Maine to finish my Appalachian Trail Thru Hike. I have prepared a number of blogs and scheduled them to post while I am on the trail. Thanks for following and I will be back soon.

“People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.”- Anonymous

The above photo is the Appalachian Trail Pedestrian Bridge over the James River.  We passed through this area Memorial Day weekend and I was surprised there were not more people on the water.  There were only a handful of kayakers, one of which offered me a ride into town for resupplies.


Humor for the day - An investment advisor decided to go out on her own. She was shrewd and diligent, so business kept coming in, and pretty soon she realized that she needed an in-house counsel. The investment banker began to interview young lawyers.
"As I'm sure you can understand," she started off with one of the first applicants, "in a business like this, our personal integrity must be beyond question." She leaned forward. "Mr. Mayberry, are you an honest lawyer?"
"Honest?" replied the job prospect. "Let me tell you something about honest. Why, I'm so honest that my father lent me $15,000 for my education, and I paid back every penny the minute I tried my very first case."
"Impressive. And what sort of case was that?" asked the investment advisor.
The lawyer squirmed in his seat and admitted, "He sued me for the money."

1 comment:

Robin Easton said...

I used to live on the Shin pond road that goes into Baxter State Park right at the end of the Appalachian Trail. That area is extremely lovely. Winters were cold and fall and spring often filled with rain and summers with mosquitoes and black flies but dang it is sooooooo beautiful. Clear fall days are like no where on Earth. And there are moose everywhere. I used to take my canoe into the dead waters near Shin Pond and could see up to 8 - 10 moose over an evening, feeding in the shallows. Simply abundant with wildlife.

I miss it now that I live in New Mexico, but I love the sun here and the great big skies.

Loved the joke!!
Take care my friend,
Robin

PS You are a brave and free spirit.
Always stay free.