Blog Archive

Monday, November 30, 2009

View from Katahdin on the Appalachian Trail, Maine



“Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So... get on your way.” - Dr. Seuss

While my thru hike of the Appalachian Trail was technically over, I still had 5 miles back down the mountain to reach the parking area.   The clouds never moved out, but they did a few "openings" to allow for a sneak peak of the valleys below.  I look forward to visiting this area again in the future.  Maybe even next fall season if things workout.

Humor for the day - On a rural road a state trooper pulled this farmer over and said: "Sir, do you realize your wife fell out of the car several miles back?"


To which the farmer replied: "Thank God, I thought I had gone deaf!"

2 comments:

Becky McCoy said...

I have really enjoyed following your blog and I love that Dr. Seuss quote. You are a brilliant photographer - thanks for sharing!

Captain Kimo said...

Great photograph! I just got back from Maine last week. Didn't get any great shots. I think I'll wait till spring to go back. Wish I had known about this place. This place looks like it's got some great photographic potential.