Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Outer Banks North Carollina



“Celebrate your success and stand strong when adversity hits, for when the storm clouds come in, the eagles soar while the small birds take cover”

The islands around Cape Lookout are known to have bothersome raccoons so I thought I would outsmart them by camping on Shackelford Banks which has no trees, therefore, no raccoons.    My plan would have worked to perfection if it wasn't for the lightening storms that frequented me all three nights.  Shackelford Banks does have some scrub bushes, but they are essentially no taller than me so I tried to stay hunkered down most of the time.   The storms on the third night were as intense as anything I have ever encountered and actually turned my 5 day trip into a 4 day trip.  This was the view I woke to the final morning.   I had to pack up quick in order to kayak the three miles with the tide.  

Humor of the day - A noted heart surgeon was having a formal party. Shortly before the guests were to begin arriving he was told that all the bathrooms were backed up and not flushing. Quickly he called a 24 hour plumber listed in the phone book. The plumber arrived quickly and within 15 minutes told the surgeon that all was well. He gave his bill to the heart surgeon and the surgeon exclaimed, "$900! You were only here 15 minutes! I'm a heart surgeon and even I can't charge that much"! The plumber quietly replied, “Neither could I when I was a heart surgeon".

1 comment:

TJ Lubrano said...

That is one amazing view :|!!! Oh my gosh the colors are amazing!

You can't control the weather huh? Glad everything went okay! And I loved the joke hahaha!

Ciao!