Hello everyone and thanks for following. My cell accidently got turned on the other day so my battery has been super low the last couple of days so I have tried not to post. I am at the Village at Fontana now and will be charging everything today. I start my trek accross this Smokies in the morning. It was great walking into Fontana yesterday and the views were amazing. We have been hiking with a few new people as well. Two spring breakers from Memphis, Wetsuit and Trail Mom, have been with us the last couple of days and they really put in some hard miles. Wetsuit got her name because when I got to the shelter Tuesday she was there wearing a wetsuit (I thought I had seen everything on the trail). Trail Mom made sure that everyone was well fed and really took care of everyone. I especially am going to miss both of them because they were plesant to hike with.
We also have a few spring breakers from Indiana we have metup with. Irish who hiked 400-500 miles a couple of summers ago had to leave for one week so he decided to come back this year to hike the section he missed a few summers ago. His sister Brandy, gf Rachel, and a friend Willie (his nickname) are hiking with him. Rach hurt her knee yesterday so she is hanging out at the village today as well.
I am hiking with Always Fine and Jonathan again. We all metup yesterday which was a pleasant surprise. They are going to start their hike through the smokies tomorrow as well.
Well I am caught up on laundry and have been to the post office. Thanks mom for sending my resupply and thanks to Beth for sending me a cap from Rarity Communities. I will do a seperate post about it very soon. Now I am going to get in the sauna, shower, shave, and watch basketball.
We also have a few spring breakers from Indiana we have metup with. Irish who hiked 400-500 miles a couple of summers ago had to leave for one week so he decided to come back this year to hike the section he missed a few summers ago. His sister Brandy, gf Rachel, and a friend Willie (his nickname) are hiking with him. Rach hurt her knee yesterday so she is hanging out at the village today as well.
I am hiking with Always Fine and Jonathan again. We all metup yesterday which was a pleasant surprise. They are going to start their hike through the smokies tomorrow as well.
Well I am caught up on laundry and have been to the post office. Thanks mom for sending my resupply and thanks to Beth for sending me a cap from Rarity Communities. I will do a seperate post about it very soon. Now I am going to get in the sauna, shower, shave, and watch basketball.
Comments
Pj
I really enjoyed hiking with you yesterday...even though you do love to lie about uphill climbs!!! I hope your day in fontana was amazing and I definitely hope the hilton was as great as everyone said it would be. you guys deserve it! Good luck in the Smokies and I can't wait to hear more about your adventure!! and of course let me know when you need that wetsuit!
Have fun!
-Kelly (Wetsuit!)
And Larkin and I decided we're going to send you some cookies or something yum so let us know where to send it!!
-Kelly