Blog Archive

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Just another one of my Hiking Partners


NOTE: Headed to Maine to finish my Appalachian Trail Thru Hike. I have prepared a number of blogs and scheduled them to post while I am on the trail. Thanks for following and I will be back soon.

“When an elephant is in trouble, even a frog will kick him” - Hindu Proverb 

I have to say it is better looking than some of my hiking partners, (Sneaks, Sota, etc).  People always ask me if I went to the trail alone.  I may be alone at times, but even if people are not around, there were always the occasional bird, lizard, frog, etc to keep you company.  The next couple of days I am going to share a few photographs of these creatures.  

Humor for the day - "How was your golf game, dear?" asked Jack's wife.

"Well I was hitting pretty well, but my eyesight's gotten so bad I couldn't see where the ball went."
"Well you're 75 years old now, Jack, why don't you take my brother Scott along?" suggested his wife.
"But he's 85 and doesn't even play golf anymore," protested Jack.
"But he's got perfect eyesight. He could watch your ball," his wife pointed out.
The next day Jack teed off with Scott looking on. Jack swung, and the ball disappeared down the middle of the fairway. "Do you see it?" asked Jack.
"Yup," Scott answered.
"Well, where is it?" yelled Jack, peering off into the distance.
"I forgot."

No comments: